Answering the Call of the New Normal
Several existing issues, as well as fresh expectations from authorities, organisations and individuals following the outbreak of COVID-19, have added new factors for architects and other industry stakeholders to consider, when it comes to the design and use of structures. This hour-long panel discussion seeks to explore:
- What drivers and trends are guiding current, as well as future architecture design approaches in a post COVID-19 world. How can new stellar new designs also achieve sustainability and wellness goals?
- Client requirements, the availability of new materials, local governance and laws (sustainability/NetZero etc.) and their impact on design
- Regional design challenges and how they can be overcome. What should the industry come together around and what should be added/changed from a policy standpoint?
- Supporting future architects through engagement with education institutions and the continual development of up-to-date quality education programmes and internships
Moderator: Tim Martin, Principal, Managing Director at Gensler Middle East
- Ewa Juszczyk, Project Director at U+A
- Fernando Freitas, Dubai Branch Director at Omnium International
- Marina Kindelan, Associate Facades Director, AESG
- Ralf Steinhauer, Director at RSP
- Tony Abi Gebrayel, Managing Partner at MZ Architects